Chemical Peels for All Skin Types for Volusia and Flagler Counties
A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin using a chemical solution. The solution is applied to the skin causing it to flake and eventually peel off. The skin regenerates and is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. Here at Associated Dermatologists, we utilize both ViPeels and Beta Lift Peels. Dr. John C Long will recommend which treatment best suits your needs.
Chemical peels are performed on the face and neck and can be used to:
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills (melasma)
- Improve the look and feel of skin that is dull in texture and color
- Improve the appearance of mild scarring
- Reduce lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage, aging, and family history
- Treat certain types of acne
Chemical peels can also improve areas of sun damage, which may contain pre- cancerous keratosis that appear as scaly spots. New pre-cancerous lesions are less likely to appear following treatment.
Contact us at 386-672-3111 today to learn more and schedule an appointment!